For Part 1 This includes:
- What camera settings to use and why
- What accessories to use and why
- A checklist for preparing the property before shooting
- What lenses are suitable for property photography
- Getting the right angle for your shot
- Working with available light
- What to avoid when shooting
This session is designed to teach attendees how to get everything right when taking the image to allow the photographs to be usable straight out of the camera. However, for those who wish to invest in their photography to really make the most of their images, I have a follow on session (Part 2) which teaches how to use relatively simple editing software (Lightroom) to adjust images in many ways including the following:
- Distraction removal
- Lightening and darkening areas that we couldn't control in camera
- How to embed keywords into your images in order to rank higher for good SEO, this helps your website appear higher in google and other search engines.
- Colour correction when there are multiple light sources.
- Lens distortion correction when using wide angle lenses
- Renaming and resizing images for use online and in print
This software is not free so you would be looking to make an investment in your photography which is at the time of writing this £8.57 per month. There are so many other elements you can adjust with this industry standard software, it can really help you refine your photographs. As part of the monthly subscription you also get a license to download and use photoshop which is excellent for designing marketing materials and further tweaking images.
For one person and part 1 of the workshop - £85
For one person and both parts of the workshop - £170
Additional attendees are £20 per person.
The location of this workshop is agreed at the time of booking but I would suggest, if possible, we used one of your current properties with full permission of the owner or your own home so that we can make your session as realistic as possible. Depending on your location I may be able to source us a property to use but we will discuss this further when you book.
If you have any questions please do get in touch, fill in our enquiry form below if you would like to sign up for these workshops.